Ready to do some good for yourself and our planet? We start now.
“When asked if I am pessimistic or optimistic about the future, my answer is always the same: If you look at the science about what is happening on earth and aren’t pessimistic, you don’t understand data. But if you meet the people who are working to restore this earth and the lives of the poor, and you aren’t optimistic, you haven’t got a pulse. What I see everywhere in the world are ordinary people willing to confront despair, power and incalculable odds in order to restore some semblance of grace, justice and beauty to this world.” – Paul Hawken
#12yearstochange – 5 steps toward change this week:
- Engage with the work of Xavier Ramey – listen to his conversation with Mrs. Green here
- Want to support all children getting excited about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)? Explore opportunities to connect STEM programs happening in your public schools to your community centers (where children are for after-school care).
- Watch this interview between Van Jones and Neil DeGrasse Tyson – and then share it with everyone that you know on this planet. It is time for politicians to stop debating the science and put action plans into place.
- Learn all that you can about Dr. Warren Washington, featured in Forbes magazine, February 2018. Send him a thank you note for his contributions to climate science.
- Pick a weekend on your calendar and plan a nature scavenger hunt with your family.