“I really saw clearly, and for the first time, why a mother is really important. Not just because she feeds and also loves and cuddles and even mollycoddles a child, but because in an interesting and maybe an eerie and unworldly way, she stands in the gap. She stands between the unknown and the known.” Maya Angelou
Ready to do some good for yourself and our planet? We start now.
5 steps toward change this week:
- Planning to buy flowers for someone special this week? Consider purchasing a house plant instead of cut flowers.
- Giving a gift? Put the gift inside a reusable grocery bag OR make the gift a bundle of reusable grocery bags. There are really stylish, cute bags on the market! Washable bags are best – think canvas or a lasting material.
- Listen to our podcast with Zen Honeycutt, Founding Executive Director Moms Across America and author of UNSTOPPABLE: Health, Freedom and the Future of America
- Looking forward to that soak in the tub this weekend? Skip it. Taking a bath uses about double the amount of water taking a shower does.
- Lots of things are changing in the world of recycling. Listen to our podcast to learn more: Reducing Single Use Items: An Earth Day Gift