Can you build your financial future and help protect the future of the planet? Is there really such a thing as “sustainable investing” and what does that really mean? And if sustainable investing is your choice, does it have to come at the expense of sound investment principles? Blake Davelaar will share with us how your portfolio can help you achieve the goal of building robust investments while considering sustainability. He will explain how, with Sustainable Investing Online, you get to participate in your investment strategy by choosing an efficient and impactful portfolio based on your values and your areas of interest including fossil fuels, deforestation, water management and factory farming. But how do they do it? Just how easy to use is their online platform? And how can you be sure that this is a company that sets the standard for sustainable investing? That allays your fears and is one in which you can place your trust? Join me to find out. I think you will like what you hear and be inspired to act! This show made possible due to the generous support of Sustainable Investing Online.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- Reducing the carbon footprint of one’s investment portfolio is the intention of sustainable investing.
- How is this accomplished? Screening companies, keeping a diversified mix of investment and taking into consideration sustainable practices into those investments.
- Now as an individual investor, you can make a direct impact on the health of the planet with your funds – regardless of how large an investment you are making at the time.
- Companies are going to pay attention to how the public is investing – when they see investors paying attention to sustainable practices, it will be incentive for the leadership of these companies to invest in sustainability within the business practices
- Does reducing your carbon footprint by 80% interest you? Blake shares how that process works in this podcast!
- The only free lunch in investing? Diversification! Blake shares why it is important and what it really means.
- Diversification is not sacrificed because you value sustainability and want to invest your money in line with your values.
- Blake’s prediction? Sustainable practicing companies will be here in 40+ years. They are long time success stories.
- Who is ultimately holding the company accountable? This component needs to be considered as a company is being considered for the list of sustainable investments.
- How can we all raise the questions with our employers about where they are investing the money we are putting into our company-based investments?
- You always have a voice. Don’t ever forget that you do and it takes all of us using our voice to vote and be intentional with our investments.
- The most important thing you can do as an investor is to hire a financial planner that is in line with what you value and your truest goals.
- Why is Blake passionate about sustainable investing? The answer illuminates the importance of common ground for us all.
- Care about sustainable business? Get involved with GreenBiz
- Listen to our podcast (mentioned during this show) with Rubin Miller from Dimensional Fund Advisors: Sustainable Investing: Is It Possible?