Sustainable investing is a choice but does that choice have to come at the expense of sound investment principles? Is investing with a purpose possible? Can sustainable investing help to reduce your carbon footprint? How do you apply sustainability to investing? Rubin Miller will have answers to these questions and more. He will be able to share with us Dimensional Fund Advisor’s unique view of corporate responsibility applied to the environment. With increasing numbers of consumers looking for sustainable investing options, I am very eager to learn from Rubin how Dimensional Advisors addresses this complex issue that enables investors to pursue their environmental goals within a highly diversified investment strategy. This show made possible due to the generous support of Pathways Financial Partners.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) is a mutual fund company, established in the early 1980s.
- Investing, in general, is very confusing and the industry is incentivized in some ways to keep it that way.
- Because investing can be a confusing, consumers tend to just say “take my money and do it for me”, which ends up costing consumers more than it should, just to participate.
- How is a company, like DFA, different than an index fund? Rubin lays out the details; in a way we can all understand, on this podcast!
- What is impact investing? How can you get clarity on your investing choices and weigh your risks? Rubin shares important insights on this podcast.
- How does the environment, the social aspect and governance (ESG) play out in investing with DFA? Learn more on this podcast.
- Socially responsible investing (SRI) – what is under SRI? Is it the same thing as investing sustainably? These questions and more are explored on this podcast.
- An important question to ask yourself before you begin investing – what do I care about?
- “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.” – Voltaire Perhaps an important thought to ponder when approaching investing with an environmental value in place?
- How are companies rewarded for their business values and actions? Rubin provides clarity for the navigation of doing the good thing for the planet with our money. How and why human beings attach what they value to their actions/behaviors around money is a fascinating aspect of our lives to explore.
- Listen to the podcast Mrs. Green mentions during this show: Climate Solutions: #LeadingWomen – Global Warming: Why It’s Humans This Time