Recognized as a “global visionary committed to alleviating poverty, ending world hunger and supporting social justice and environmental sustainability”, Lynne Twist has been working to change the world for over 40 years. From working with Mother Teresa in Calcutta to the refugee camps in Ethiopia and the threatened rainforests of the Amazon, as well as guiding the philanthropy of some of the world’s wealthiest families, Lynne’s on-the-ground work has brought her a deep understanding of people’s relationship with money. Her breadth of knowledge and experience has led her to profound insights about the social tapestry of the world and the historical landscape of the times we are living in. She is the magic maker, she is leading the charge globally to protect the Amazon Rainforest through the Pachamama Alliance. She lights up every room she enters. She is fully present when you talk to her and she fills you with feelings of hope, possibility and change. She makes me believe we can preserve the sacred Amazon Rainforest which is where my journey as Mrs. Green began. Excited to join us? I hope so.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- In 1994, everything changed for Lynne who was on a mission to stop world hunger. Listen to this podcast to hear how her path shifted toward the rainforest – for the benefit of us all.
- Do you know that the rainforest is critical to the future of life on Earth? Do you have a global voice? Do you know that indigenous wisdom is essential to our survival?
- What if partnerships were built on the liberation of all involved? If we changed the dream of the modern world – what would rise up by breaking our trance that keeps us disconnected from the consequences of our actions?
- Offered in 82 countries, The Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream Symposiumis a transformational, education program. It wakes people up from the trance; has them see how we got here and what is now possible to bring forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just, human presence on this planet.
- The Achuar people do not live in the forest, they live of the forest – Lynne shares powerful insights about the Achuar and what learning we can all gain from their ways of being and living.
- Lynne shares about the Jungle Mamas program, which works to reduce maternal and infant deaths and complications during pregnancy and childbirth by empowering indigenous women and communities of the Ecuadorian Amazon to ensure safe births and to protect the health and well being of the Achuar nation. Learn more about its origins and what childbirth was like in the Amazon prior to this program; this program started the Pachamama Alliance’s relationship with the women.
- Pachamaama means the earth, sky, the universe and all time – it is an alliance between the indigenous peoples of the rainforest and conscious, committed people in the world for the sustainability of life.
- In the 23 years that the Pachamama Alliance has been in the Amazon, the indigenous people have kept 12 oil companies out of the rainforest. There is spiritual power at work – this is the source of the ecological system.
- What would it truly take to place the Amazon in permanent protective status? What does that absolutely mean – nature getting legal status? The partnership with Amazon Watch is making this happen – Lynne goes deep with us and illustrates what is possible on this show.
- What can be accomplished when people are not worried about who is getting credit? The skilled partnerships that Pachamama Allliance weaves together, to serve the Amazon, are phenomenal. Learn more on this podcast!
- Pachamama Alliance focuses on ontology – the study of the nature of being, becoming, existence or reality, as well as the basic categories of being and their relations. They encourage each person to put energy into how they want to be – Lynne goes deep and helps us understand the power of being in the world in these ways.
- Want to take action? Lynne gives us all 3 action steps we can all take today to awaken from the trance and change the world – find out on this show!
- Learn more about the work of the Pachamama Alliance by visiting their website and join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter
- Follow the work of the Pachamama Alliance via their blog and sign up to receive their newsletter.
- Learn more about Amazon Advocacy
- Lynne was featured on Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations
- Learn more about Jungle Mamas mentioned on this podcast
- Support the work of the Pachamama Alliance – you are needed!
- Get on the engagement pathway with the Alliance and start making a difference today.
- Enroll in the Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream Symposium
- Listen to the podcast that Mrs. Green hosted with Leila Salazar-Lopez, Executive Director Amazon Watch: The Amazon Rainforest: A Report Card
- Purchase the book Drawdown and listen to Mrs. Green’s conversation with Paul Hawken: Project Drawdown
Music used in this podcast is copyrighted and licensed through Turtle Island Records/Libby Roderick Music