Impact Earth: Mindful Living Episode 2, Benjamin Von Wong’s work lies at the intersection of fantasy and photography and combines everyday objects with shocking statistics. It has attracted the attention of corporations, like Starbucks, Dell, and Nike and has generated over 100 million views for causes like ocean plastics, electronic waste, and fashion pollution. Most recently, he was named one of Adweek’s 11 content branded masterminds
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- Why are you going to work? Be inspired by Ben’s personal journey story and start making positive impacts unforgettable in your life – join us for this podcast!
- Ben has done powerful projects around climate change and using art to promote activism – he shares his campaigns with us on this show.
- To open the door for conversation, you want to spark curiosity…not sadness. A lot of activism work around the environment is documentary based – Ben decided to take the approach of bringing people together (he uses a lot of volunteers) to create. Every story is about the journey to get to the finished project, not the actual finished project.
- A lot of what Ben does is to try and encourage moments in time when the good is happening. He questions that approach at times though because there is the thought that the world doesn’t need “more good”, it needs less harm – Ben mentions the book, Winners Take All
- What happens to Ben’s installations when they are done? That is the whole point – there is nowhere for them to go. Listen to this podcast to understand how important this aspect of the process truly is.
- Ben is beginning a journey of measuring the depth of the impact art has on humanity – he shares his initial discoveries on this podcast.
- When it comes to impact around climate reality and addressing climate change – we need more stories of transformation, not awareness…and the stories have to be attainable (how can we transform one home, one neighborhood, one school, etc)
- Learn more about Ben by visiting his website and join him on Facebook
- Want to learn more about butterflies and creating healthy spaces for wildlife? Listen to Mrs. Green’s podcast with David Mizejewski: The Butterfly Effect: Creating Garden Magic
- Watch the videos of Ben at work – inspiration and action right here!
- Listen to Mrs. Green’s 2012 podcast with Chris Jordan here