Imagine a government run by people, not money. Challenging, right? Now imagine an organization whose goal is to organize Americans to win the 28th Amendment to the Constitution to restore American democracy in which We the People—not big money, not corporations, not unions, not special interests—govern ourselves. The truth is that the legally granted right to unchecked political spending by corporations, unions, and wealthy special interest groups is silencing the voices of citizens and corrupting our ability to freely and fairly elect a representative government of, by, and for the people. American Promise wants to change that and exists to empower, inspire, and organize Americans to win the 28th Amendment to the Constitution. They are working diligently to bring about this lasting reform that will re-balance our politics and government by putting the rights of individual citizens before the privileges of concentrated money, corporations, unions, political parties, and superPACs.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- American Promise is leading the charge to win the 28thAmendment so We the People – not big money, not corporations, not unions, not special interests – govern the United States of America.
- How did we get to this place in America? How did money in politics truly start – and where did the path begin to get us to where we are today? Jeff provides the historical perspective on this podcast.
- Americans care across the political spectrum – 75% to 80% level support is seen across the board for the 28th
- In January 2016, American Promise was initiated – so many Americans were eager to get involved, connect across party lines and make change at the constitutional level – our foundation – to move our country forward in a way that we can truly govern ourselves.
- Why is it so essential, to all Americans and the future of our country that American Promise exists? Why does this truly matter? Go deep with Mrs. Green and Jeff on this podcast!
- The reason we are in this situation is because we have a constitutional struggle – what does Jeff mean by this? Join us to see the big picture.
- What are the possible downsides of this movement? What does this Amendment give us the chance to do? Important insights shared on this podcast – join us!
- The environment and issues of climate change/reversing global warming are driving factors as to why many citizens are getting behind the work of American Promise.
- Learn more about the work of American Promise by visiting their website and join them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Learn more about Whaleback Partners noted on this podcast
- Get behind the work of American Promise today! Take action now!
- Check out Jeff’s book, Corporations Are Not People and purchase your copy here
- Listen to the podcast with Annie Sanders of Green Corps, mentioned by Mrs. Green on this show: Green Corps: The Field School for Environmental Organizing
Music used in this podcast is copyrighted and licensed through Turtle Island Records/Libby Roderick Music