- Now is the perfect time to trim back rose bushes, trees, and shrubs.
- If You Compost: Don’t forget to use the trimmings for your compost.
- If You Don’t Compost: Take the trimmings to the Fairfax Companies! They will recycle everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) and turn it into green waste.
- Now is a great time to start planting! Local nurseries like Green Things, Silverbell Nursery, Mesquite Valley Growers will carry items that you won’t find at the big box stores. Plus, local nurseries are staffed with people that can help you not only figure out what to plant but how to plant it and where.
- Plants, from vegetables to flowers, are good for the air and it’s good for your family to spend time together taking care of your garden. It’s a gift that keeps on giving.