Our Mrs. Green, Gina Murphy-Darling, participated in the Global Climate Action Summit earlier this month. You can learn more about the key summit challenges and how to get involved, by visiting the summit website. You can stay engaged on Facebook and Twitter. Be a part of the global work by making a pledge and taking action this week (suggestions from the summit Eco-Challenge map):
- Go on screens less and get outside in nature more this week.
- Learn what crops grow in your area and start planning to grow something at home.
- Volunteer to assist homeless individuals in your community.
- Install a microfiber filter on your washing machine to stop plastic particles from entering the water system.
- Begin composting at your home and community school – volunteer to teach children about the importance of not wasting food and composting.