Ready to do some good for yourself and fall in love with our planet? We start now.
“How did we get here? Why, of all the people on the planet, did you & I seek comfort in one another? Honestly, I don’t know. But I like to think that the universe brought us together for a reason. That we’re supposed to help each other grow into the people we were always meant to become.” – Amanda Torroni
#12yearstochange – 5 steps toward change this week:
- Commit to finding a non-filter moment this week. You know these moments – when you encounter a scene so picturesque, you don’t want to apply a filter when you photograph it. Go out into nature and seek something to not just glance at but to really see it – and then sit with it until you can see through it and into your own being.
- Practice living with what is of the most value. Take 15 minutes and do this exercise – if you had to live out of one suitcase for the rest of your life – what would you put in the suitcase?
- Is there a language that you would love to learn? Commit to learning how to say 3 commonly used phrases in that language. Make sure one of those is “I love you”.
- Follow the production process of an item that you enjoy – your favorite cup of coffee, your favorite pair of jeans or the great book you just finished reading. How did it get to you? Start with the place you purchased the item – who owns the store? How many employees work there? Where is the headquarters located? And then work to the product – what material is it made from? Where do those materials come from? You get the point. Get connected to the bigger picture.
- Challenge yourself to a no trash week. Can you go one full week without creating any trash? Yes – it has been done. Good luck!