“This world demands the qualities of youth: not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease.” Robert Kennedy
Ready to do some good for yourself and our planet? We start now.
- Support the work of young people aligned with what you value. A great place to start? One More Generation, Sunrise Movement and Youth Activism Project
- Listen to this podcast featuring Jamie Margolin, Founder and President of Zero Hour
- Conserve water. If you use a dishwasher, do not pre-rinse the dishes. You will save about 20 gallons of water per load by skipping the pre-rinse in your sink.
- Improve your vehicle’s mileage by 15% – use the cruise control on your summer road trip!
- Speaking of vehicles – does yours need a good cleaning following that road trip? Do not hand wash – using a carwash actually saves water! Car wash services are trying to reduce costs and maximize profits; therefore, they have the optimal amount of water for a thorough clean down to a fine art. Using these services ensures minimal water wastage. If everyone in the USA who washes their own cars used a car wash even once, it would save 8.7 billion gallons of water per year!