“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
Ready to do some good for yourself and our planet? We start now.
5 steps toward change this week:
- Commit to unplug. Pick one day this week to not use an electronic device. Yup – all day. You can do it!
- Is there a produce that you find yourself craving in the summer? Summer is such a great time for yummy fruits and vegetables! Make a commitment to buying your produce only from organic sources this summer. If you want to go one step further – commit to buying from only local and organic sources.
- Look for ways to leave the place you visit a little better than you found it. Hanging on a beach? Take 15 minutes to clean up the trash around your area. Going to a new city for a vacation? See if you can find a way to volunteer there for a day.
- REDUCE. Do you really need that souvenir or new outfit for vacation? Reducing our consumption is key all year round – but be aware of the temptations that summer vacations bring to splurge on unnecessary items. You have earned a vacation but the planet deserves our attention.
- Haven’t yet thought about your vacation plans for the summer? Consider adding a trip to the DORP Festival as an option. What is DORP? You just gotta click the link to find out – in short? Innovation in the Netherlands on overload. Amazing.