Ready to do some good for yourself and our planet? We start now.
“The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” – Gaylord Nelson
5 steps toward change this week (and great ways to celebrate Earth Day):
1. Give your car a vacation this week. Okay – maybe you can’t do it for a full week. Start with one day. Earth Day is a good day to try it. Plan to get to work, school or happy hour using eco-friendly modes of transportation.
2. Get wasted! Seriously – take a good hard look at the waste you are creating in your life. Commit to reducing waste in your life by consuming less and disposing of materials in the most eco-friendly way possible. Need more information or support? Check out the EPA’s website on reducing, reusing and recycling.
3. Can I share something with you? Get active in the world of collaborative consumption – sharing time, money and resources as a way to increase everyone’s access to things they need.
4. Plant one seed. Decide on a food that you would like to plant and then make your first effort at doing so on Earth Day. Even if it is in a pot on your kitchen counter – grow your own food!
5. Go outside! Feel the wind in your hair and the sun (don’t forget a hat and sunscreen) on your face. Reconnect with nature – it is a great reminder as to why we are working hard, everyday, to protect it.