Let’s face it. Many of us get in a rut and new habits are hard to come by. Join us with an open mind to learn about all of the pluses for sharing a ride by carpooling or vanpooling and maybe even be inspired to consider mass transit, biking or walking. Because of Sun Rideshare and their myriad of programs, choosing an alternative mode of transportation has never been easier and provides lots of benefits for us and our community: cost and time savings, reduced congestion, improved air quality, and LESS dependence on foreign oil. Our guests provide us with information about just how Sun Rideshare helps to make all of these choices simple and easy to learn about. Join us! This show made possible due to the generous support of Pima Association of Governments.
- Pima Association of Governments helped us think about carpooling perks and benefits at a whole new level! Their Travel Reduction program provides services for employees from various businesses with alternative transportation, such as biking, walking, or carpooling to their jobs. They recognize that air quality is highly negatively affected by emissions from cars, which has economic, social, and of course, environmental costs.
- The Travel Reduction Program helps employees choose an alternative mode of transportation that is easy, cost effective, saves time, all while aiming to reduce congestion, improve air quality, and lessen our dependence on fossil fuels!
- Carpooling and other means of alternative transportation have individual and community benefits. Think about it, if you don’t have to drive – you have more time to read, socialize, and perhaps even create a greater sense of community!
- There are some barriers for people to consider alternative modes of transportation, so The Travel Reduction Program works with employers to understand how their engagement with employees can help promote travel choices. They offer supporting services that can help overcome those barriers.
- Registered commuters who are signed up for the program can take advantage of the “Guaranteed Ride Home” service which allows people who are carpooling, biking, riding the bus or walking to work and encounter an emergency, have a reliable way home. It’s basically a free and safe taxi ride home that can be used up to 4 times a year!
- One less trip by car means less wear and tear on your tires, more time for you, less air pollution and so many other benefits!
- Anyone can become eligible to earn Sun Rideshare rewards by simply using an alternative form of transportation to work or other destinations.
- Watch Mrs. Green learn more about #Carpool #Matchmaking!
- Check out PAG’s Website
- Like PAG and Sun Rideshare on Facebook
- Follow PAG on Twitter
- Know someone who lives in your neighborhood and commutes to work with your work or destination on their way? Ask if they would be interested in carpooling a few days or even once a week.
- Find what bike paths are in your area and if they lead to your work. Maybe you’ll find the route is easier than driving by car on the main roads!
- Investigate if public transportation is a viable option for you within your area.
- Committing even one day out of the week or month to not driving could make a difference in your personal life and the greater community.