When I found out that upper respiratory disease was listed as the third highest cause of death in Pima County (in a report issued by the Pima County Health Department), I was shocked- kind of. What I knew was that our homes can actually be making us sick and that even when you removed all of the toxins that might be effecting your health, there could still be molds, viruses and bacteria in places we would never think to look or couldn’t see them if we did know. Enter the dynamic duo of Gary and Tim. These two men care passionately and almost maniacally about what lies within your walls, in your air ducts and maybe even buried somewhere in a closet. Join us for this show because it will be when Gary and Tim tell all about what they found with their magical testing equipment after testing the Mr. & Mrs. Green casa! No facts will be altered, the process will be revealed as will the true results! Sound like fun AND important? Trust me on this one. This show made possible due to the generous support of Russett Southwest.
- Gibson and Sibley emphasize the importance of HVAC to keep homes healthy. Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning are things to always be aware of in your home.
- There are pressure differences throughout our homes, influencing indoor conditions. If there is an imbalance, such as too much ‘negative’ pressure, your home could be sucking in harmful particles from outdoors.
- Even though a home is energy efficient, it can still be a breeding ground for bacteria and other harmful molds due to a lack of ventilation. Energy efficient homes do not necessarily imply that they are healthy homes.
- Long exposure to contaminants throughout the home can really take a toll on individual’s health, from various respiratory diseases, to asthma, which is why it is so important to be aware of your homes indoor conditions.
- Listen to the full podcast to learn more about why keeping track of your home’s HVAC is so important!
- Visit Russett Southwest’s website to check out the services they offer.
- Check out their Facebook.
- Find them on Yelp.
- Check out the EPA’s guide for learning more about the indoor air quality of your home.
- What are common sources of in home pollutants and their associated health impacts? Check out this guide to find out.
- To keep your home in top-notch condition, be sure to change air filters regularly, control the pressure around your home, or hire a professional to test the conditions of your home.