Can you even begin to imagine what it’s like to recruit qualified staff for an award winning, community-based medical center that treats 30,000 inpatients, 120,000 outpatients and has around 6,000 births? Just to think about the number of medical professionals, support staff, office personal, IT professionals – the list goes on and it is a long one. And why is Mrs. Green interested? As a community owned hospital, they are an essential part of our local economy. By sourcing more products and services locally, we are contributing to a self-reliant community that offers opportunity and prosperity for all. Join us for an in-depth look at what it takes to make the magic happen and why they are so successful. This show made possible due to the generous support of Tucson Medical Center.
- One major key to creating sustainable communities is creating opportunities within the local economy – Mrs. Green paints this picture at the beginning of this podcast and why spotlighting employment opportunities, available at community owned hospitals, is an essential piece of creating a healthy, sustainable community.
- There are over 4,000 employees currently working at Tucson Medical Center (TMC) – they are a pillar in the Tucson community.
- The work environment at TMC, the involvement they have in the community and the leadership team of TMC are three key factors that drive employment at TMC.
- Congratulations to TMC for their certification as a 2017 Great Place to Work
- Interested in employment at TMC – Jenny and Alix discuss challenges and strategies for success that TMC offers it’s employees.
- Learn more about the positions currently available at Tucson Medical Center.
- Visit Tucson Medical Center’s website
- Like TMC on Facebook and The CORE on Facebook
- Follow TMC on Twitter
- Learn more about the programs that TMC offers here
- Learn more about The Great Place to Work Institute