Millions of Americans are supporting elderly parents or loved ones when it comes to critical healthcare decisions needing to be made about the best level and type of care to choose. With the proliferation of beautiful nursing homes opening around the nation, some being described as “skilled nursing facilities” and some with “rehabilitation” in their name, what do we need to know? What are the levels of care in a nursing home vs an inpatient rehabilitation facility? What does the research show when comparing results? What type of facility provides more comprehensive care? These are critical questions we need to ask should the need arise in our lives. Join me as I explore with Jeff what we need to know and what other kinds of services we should be thinking about to make the best possible choice. This show made possible due to the generous support of Tucson Medical Center.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- Health South was the original name of the organization but now that their expansion has reached nationally, they are now Encompass Health.
- What do you need to know when you are choosing rehabilitation services for yourself or those you love? Jeff shares very important information on what we all need to know and understand about this facet of health care.
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy are the three main therapies offered during an in-patient stay. What is the admission criteria, needed for a patient to meet, in order to be admitted to the facility?
- Occupational therapy is focused on getting you back to what you were doing before you were injured.
- A skilled nursing facility is different than a rehab hospital and those are different than a long-term acute care facility– learn what those differences are on this podcast!
- What can you do if a loved one is in need of service? Jeff has great advice – join us to learn more.
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation Institute is partnered with very important strategic agencies – Jeff shares more information about these partners and what the common goals are between them.
- We all need support! Encompass Health Rehabilitation Institute provides a great network of groups that can be there to support patients and loved ones in the journey back to health.
- Learn more on Encompass Health Rehabilitation Institute of Tucson on their website and engage with them on Facebook and Twitter
- Learn more about Hanger Clinic mentioned on this podcast – Empowering Human Potential