If you have ever had a child who had to be hospitalized, you know the fear that grips all of you as you walk through those doors. Join us to hear about the passion, dedication, commitment and in-depth knowledge that these two women and their colleagues at TMC bring to the table. They do everything in their power to put everyone at ease starting with the children. Amy and Jordan will share what services they provide, how their team puts energy and focus into the community to help create positive attitudes around healthcare, and how the community helps by giving back. It’s a show you will not want to miss and another example of how TMC’s commitment to healthy and sustainable communities is far reaching and impactful. This show made possible due to the generous support of Tucson Medical Center.
- A Child Life Specialist (CLS) is a key support person for patients and families during a child’s time in the hospital.
- Creating a healthy, safe environment, within the hospital, is key to managing the stress of that situation and impact rates of recovery.
- One of the conditions that Jordan and Amy are seeing in great amounts is asthma. Mrs. Green shares insights, as to the role of environment and the rise of asthma rates, during this podcast.
- How does one become a CLS? The training is quite in depth and rigorous – learn more about this profession during this podcast.
- Why is Mrs. Green’s World talking about CLS? Our human experience plays out, every moment, in how we care for our planet. Supportive programs and services for families, that are inclusive and promote kindness, human connection and health, only enhance our experiences and create space for giving back to the global community and promote care for the planet.
- Visit Tucson Medical Center’s website
- Like TMC on Facebook and The CORE on Facebook
- Follow TMC on Twitter
- Learn more about the programs that TMC offers here