I have stood in awe of this incredible organization from the first time I read about it well over ten years ago. Envision a world where all people hold the power to create opportunity for themselves and others. Envision Kiva. They are an international nonprofit, founded in 2005, with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Kiva by the numbers? 2.4 million borrowers, 83 countries, 1.6 million lenders, $993.8 million in loans funded through Kiva and, drumroll please…a 97% repayment rate. Are you as excited as I am to hear stories about how, by lending as little as $25 on Kiva, anyone can help a borrower start or grow a business, go to school, access clean energy or realize their potential? How does it work? Why is Kiva so wildly successful? Join me as I delve into the story of Kiva with Premal and Kathleen and share in the joy of learning about how this organization is truly getting people out of poverty in real and sustainable ways every single day.
- Dreams are universal. Opportunity is not.
- Do you envision a world where all people hold the power to create opportunity for themselves and others?
- Kiva is an international nonprofit, founded in 2005 and based in San Francisco, with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty.
- You can participate in someone else’s story in a way that promotes partnership and dignity. You can do the good thing and shift the world toward the better.
- “Your heart goes where your feet are.”
- Visit the Kiva website to learn more and begin funding today!
- Like Kiva on Facebook and follow them on Twitter and Instagram
- Learn how Kiva works by following the journey of a Kiva loan.
- Kiva is creating a global impact: learn more here!
- Learn more about the ApParent Project and listen to their podcast on Mrs. Green’s World.
- Learn more about charity: water and listen to their podcast on Mrs. Green’s World.