Founded by legendary conservationist John Muir in 1892, the Sierra Club is now the nation’s largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization — with more than two million members and supporters. Their successes range from protecting millions of acres of wilderness to helping pass the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Endangered Species Act. More recently, they’ve made history by leading the charge to move away from the dirty fossil fuels that cause climate disruption and toward a clean energy economy. Mike Brune is now leading the charge and is in the center of one of the most important and most critical fights in the history of our country: the fight to protect the health of our country and our planet. What’s happening inside the climate justice movement? What kind of actions are having an impact in Washington and around the country? Join us to find out and to find out how you can help.
- With over 2 million supporters and growing, the Sierra Club is the nation’s largest and most influential grassroots organization today.
- The Beyond Coal campaign has been recognized as one of the most effective in environmental history.
- Right now in America, we are being taxed on everything we hold dear – wildlife, public lands, clean water and air – our climate – they are all being attacked by the current administration of the United States.
- The environmental community is running as fast as it can to respond and stop the attacks being poised by the federal government. “We can’t just play defense. We have to make progress. We have to accelerate our work.”
- The Sierra Club is accelerating its work with the private sector, big cities, schools and universities to help them transition to 100% clean energy as quickly as possible.
- Millions of people and thousands of institutions are responding to the challenges in front of us all – it is a source of inspiration to keep going and continue the fight.
- Who are the corporate players that are stepping up to fight for change? Walgreens, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft and Google to name a few.
- Why is Michael optimistic about the politics of climate change changing? Listen to this podcast and learn about his optimism, as well as his insights into historical challenges in American politics around climate.
- How can you get engaged in protecting our environment? How do we align our lives with our values? What strategies are the most effective in combating the politics involved in planet preservation? Now that we are in the process of changing fuel sources in America, what is our obligation to those that we have counted on for years? What is the Sierra Club’s number one goal? Listen to this podcast to hear Michael’s insights on these questions and more!
- Visit Sierra Club’s website
- Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter
- Subscribe to the Sierra Club magazine and like it on Facebook and follow them on Twitter
- You can follow Michael on Twitter
- Read Michael’s book: Coming Clean: Breaking America’s Addiction to Oil and Coal
- Become a member of any organization that you are inspired by…those that are working to preserve the things you value.