The celebration of life is a key value for the creation of a sustainable planet. The life cycle coming to an end is part of that process. Palliative and Hospice Care: what is it and whom does it serve? When might be the time to explore hospice care for a loved one or for us? Tucson Medical Center’s Children’s Hospice is the only inpatient hospice facility for children in Southern Arizona, how do their services help support not only those children but the families? At the center of hospice and palliative care, is the belief that each of us has the right to die pain-free and with dignity, and that our families will receive the support they need to allow us to do so. Join us to hear from two influential leaders and phenomenal caregivers about a difficult topic for people to discuss. They will share their insights and experiences to help us all bridge that gap. This show made possible due to the generous support of Tucson Medical Center.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- Hospice has a stigma of death and dying and our culture focuses on youth and longevity.
- Hospice is about the quality of life you have left and what you can do with it. Support for the family and helping an individual pass onto their next phase without anxiety, pain free and being at home surrounded by love.
- What is the difference between hospice and palliative care? Kim and Dr. Lincoln share the details on this podcast.
- Lincoln has quite the personal journey to this work – hear his story on this podcast.
- You might be surprised to hear what Tucson Medical Center (TMC) offers to its hospice patients and their family and what that service costs. Quite the number of surprises in store for all of our community with this amazing show! Join us for this inspiring conversation today!
- TMC gets hospice referrals from all the hospitals in Tucson.
- Hospice care is about creating a container large enough for the needs of everyone in the family, so that when a person passes, there is closure and healthy grieving.
- What would be your last wish? Enjoy the sharing on this podcast and the insights received about our own process of life.
- Visit Tucson Medical Center’s website
- Like TMC on Facebook and The CORE on Facebook
- Follow TMC on Twitter
- Learn more about the programs that TMC offers here
- Learn more about Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and access resources at the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross Foundation’s website
- Learn more and get involved at Peppi’s House
- Order Dr. Lincoln’s book: Reclaimed Banished Voices: Stories on the Road to Compassion