There really are small changes in our behaviors that we can make that will result in good things for the planet and our budget. Leslie will share with us Energy Efficiency seasonal tips on heating, on air filters, on lighting and programmable thermostats and a few other tips and tricks that will directly lead to less money spent on your electricity bill each month, which, in turn, leads to less consumption of energy. Leslie will also give us a sneak peak at some of the fun and exciting events TEP has planned for 2018 so we can be in the know. And I will be sure to ask her about how planting a tree can save us money on our electric bill because Mrs. Green is all about the trees! This show made possible due to the generous support of Tucson Electric Power Company.
- Heating your home right now? A few unique tips to save energy during the winter season are available on this podcast!
- There is great value in having a programmable thermostat, and the biggest value is consistently saving you money.
- What is planned obsolescence? How has it influenced the light bulb industry? Leslie and Mrs. Green discuss the history and what is happening with LED light bulbs now on this show. They can reduce energy usage by 90% and are guaranteed to last from 15 to 25,000 hours.
- Tucson Electric Power (TEP) is a huge community partner – visiting Tucson or live in this community? Learn about the ways that TEP supports many aspects of our community.
- Visit TEP’s website and join them on social media: Facebook and Twitter
- Learn everything you need to know about the Tucson Electric Power Efficient Home Program, Energy Smart Homes and Residential Solar Program
- Learn more by listening to the Mrs. Green’s TEP Podcast Series
- In Tucson for the holiday season? Tucson Electric Power sponsors Winterhaven – stop by and say hello!
- Visit TEP at these upcoming events: Family SciFest,; Tucson Festival of Books; and the Edible Shade Tree
- Order your shade tree from TEP today – listen to their Green podcast about the shade tree program and visit their website for more information!