If you are in the market for a new home, doesn’t it make perfect sense to look for one that is energy efficient? That is more comfortable, quieter and healthier than standard construction homes? Add to those benefits, the fact that an Energy Smart Home will not only save you money right now but for years to come. But what makes a home energy smart? What are some of the features and how are they tested for to meet rigorous energy-efficiency standards? Gabe will have the answers to my many questions and will share with us some other tips on what a homeowner can do to improve energy efficiency. This show made possible due to the generous support of Tucson Electric Power.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- To be an energy-smart home, it takes a partnership with builders that want to build to a higher standard – using a whole house approach, starting with the framing to the insulation and more. Learn all the specifics on this podcast!
- $200 to $400 a year is the average savings in an energy-efficient home
- What is a HERS score? Is there a national standard for energy efficiency in homes? Gabe gives us the inside scoop on this show.
- On average, a non energy-efficient home has a 30% loss of energy in the ductwork alone!
- What home maintenance steps can you take to insure your home is energy efficient? We have your check list on this show.
- Visit TEP’s website and join them on social media: Facebook and Twitter
- Learn everything you need to know about the Tucson Electric Power Efficient Home Program, Energy Smart Homes and Residential Solar Program
- Learn more by listening to the Mrs. Green’s TEP Podcast Series
- Know your HERS Index
- In Southern Arizona and want to assess your HVAC system? We recommend Russett Southwest– give them a call today!