Just how pervasive is bulling in the land of the free and home of the brave? According to the Center for Disease Control, suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4, 400 deaths per year. The connection between suicide and bullying is rock solid. Consider these startling statistics: 28% of U.S. students in grades 6–12 experienced bullying. 20% of U.S. students in grades 9–12 experienced bullying. Approximately 30% of young people admit to bullying others in surveys. 70.6% of young people say they have seen bullying in their schools. 70.4% of school staff have seen bullying. Stop, think, proceed for good news: when bystanders intervene, bullying stops within 10 seconds 57% of the time. (Bully Rehab Awareness Gym) in Yuma, Arizona. B.R.A.G. Inc.’s mission is to empower victims (Children) of dominance behavior (Bullying) to be resilient and respectful through the art of the gentle way, while healing and understanding the offender. Join me to hear about one individual who decided to step up and make a difference! How did he do it? How is it working? Can’t wait to find out. This show made possible due to the generous support of Seaver Franks Architects.
SUPPORT THE CREATION OF PODCASTS LIKE THIS ONE: BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
- According to the Center for Disease Control, suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people in the United States and leads to 4400 deaths per year.
- BRAG stands for Bully Awareness Rehab Gym and is located in Yuma, Arizona. It is committed to providing a safe environment for children to shine. Helping to empower a child, one kid at a time.
- Carlos Flores is the founder of BRAG – he saw a problem in his community and decided to do something about it. Hear more about Carlos, his life experiences and how he found himself doing this work – listen to be inspired.
- What are the current statistics on bullying in the United States? What is one thing that is proven to be extremely effective, that you can do when you see bullying? Learn more on today’s podcast!
- There is no secret as to why BRAG is working – love and compassion.
- The trainers at Carlos’ gym are an important aspect of BRAG’s story – they are returning the favor and changing lives forever.