Building Hope for the Holidays
T. Van Hook, CEO, Habitat Tucson
The holidays are the ideal time to give back to your community. Celebrating a holiday can become even more meaningful through the act of giving and sharing, especially with those who have less.
Habitat Tucson CEO T. Van Hook will join us to discuss how Habitat Tucson is building hope for the holidays and all year round for hardworking families in Southern Arizona. How Habitat Tucson not only helps build homes but repairs existing homes for deserving families and how the work that Habitat Tucson does in the community would be impossible without individual donations. This year, Habitat Tucson dedicated fifteen homes to hardworking families. That means fifteen families will be celebrating their first Christmas in a home they have purchased with an affordable mortgage.
“Home” has many meanings. But for many families, during the holidays, “home” takes on an extra special meaning. Home becomes the center of celebrations and gatherings with family, a place to return to. Habitat Tucson is dedicated to ensuring that being home for the holidays means making lasting memories with the people you love in a stable and safe place.
Learn how your tax deductible charitable donation can lead to affordable home ownership this holiday season. And how shopping at the HabiStore for holiday gifts goes to supporting Habitat’s mission. Not to mention we remind all our philanthropic listeners that your charitable gifts need to be clocked in by December 31st to receive the charitable tax credit!
- Habitat for Humanity is transforming poverty into a world of plenty.
- Having the opportunity to create memories in a home is a true blessing that all should experience. A home anchors our memories in one place.
- T. provides insights into the impact a home can have on a child, during this podcast – listen now to hear how children see what is possible when they enter their home.
- How can you support Habitat this holiday season? You can give a portion of a dream! Get involved by clicking here!
- Upward cycles are seen in neighborhoods where Habitat is building – hear a great story on this podcast!
- Still shopping for the holidays? Support your locally owned businesses and organizations – like Habitat for Humanity Tucson!
- Last year, Habitat for Humanity Tucson had 4,747 volunteers, giving over 50,000 hours of their time, to support the building of hope in our community!
- Did you know that 65% of every dollar, raised by Habitat for Humanity Tucson, is raised by individuals in our community? The average donation is $166.00.
- The only way to end poverty is to get people out of it. Watch Poverty Inc today!
- T. shares the key things she wants everyone to know about Habitat for Humanity in this podcast – you have to hear what she has to say! Good information to know in this podcast.
- Learn more about what Habitat Tucson is all about by visiting their website
- Keep up with the latest news/events by liking them on Facebook and following them on Twitter
- Learn more about Brush with Kindness
- Want to support our veterans – learn what Habitat is doing here
- Donate to Habitat for Humanity Tucson by clicking here!
- Shop the HabiStore
- GET INVOLVED by volunteering your time today!
- Apply to receive Habitat services
- Visit Mrs. Green’s World holiday gift giving campaign to purchase your holiday gifts this year!