Arizona Living Economy Forum
Sunday, September 17 at 12:30 pm (PT)
Sunday, September 17, 12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
YWCA of Southern AZ, 525 N Bonita Ave, Tucson, AZ 85745
Are you part of the local solution?
The Arizona Living Economy Forum (ALEF) is a signature event for growing prosperity in our community. ALEF is bringing together visionary speakers from around Arizona to talk about what’s working locally and share tools to grow a more united, prosperous community. ALEF is creating a template for how we learn from one another and become true change makers in our own communities.
KIMBER LANNING, FOUNDER AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF LOCAL FIRST ARIZONA
Kimber Lanning is Founder and Executive Director of Local First Arizona, a statewide organization implementing innovative strategies for new models of economic development that create vibrant local economies. Lanning is an entrepreneur, business leader and community development specialist who works to cultivate strong self-reliant communities and inspire a higher quality of life for people across Arizona. Lanning’s passions, which are seen throughout her work, include fostering cultural diversity and inclusion, economic resilience and responsible growth for Arizona.
THE PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING TRACKS:
- Food, Soil and Nature: Investing in food-based interventions in schools and after school, settings to provide training, advocacy and access to local foods and giving schools to fresh on-site grown produce and nutrition.
- Shared Ownership and Community Capital: Cultivating democratic economic models: worker ownership, land trusts, public assets, the commons; diverging from Wall Street to invest communities and using philanthropy to mitigate risk for pioneers.
- Sustainable Solutions: Provide the tools to implement sustainability strategies in our daily lives and understand the interconnectedness of green efforts for greater impact and a holistic sustainable economy.
- Localism and Localist Policies: Promoting a culture of local, cooperative, and community owned businesses and organizations and advocating for policies that support these initiatives.
- Opportunity and Innovation for Engagement: The University of Arizona is leading education, innovation, and intervention in the field of climate change and climate reality.
Begins at 5:30 PM, with ticket purchase.