Tucson Electric Power: Shining the Light on the Bright Students Program!
Thursday, August 3 at 12:00 am (PT)
Broadcast on 2017/08/03 (PT)
How is TEP partnering with E-3 in creative and impactful ways to help create a brighter future for all of us? Join us to learn from Brian and Tammy just what this program is all about, why it matters, the kind of impact it has, and the importance of integrating the curriculum with Arizona Department of Education Standards through the integration of science and math. We will also spend some time discussing the “ripple effect” – how kids take what they learn home to help their families save money on energy and reduce their carbon footprints. And just what do the kids and teachers think about the Bright Students program? Join us to have fun learning and to find out.
- This podcast is packed with great tips on energy efficiency and important information on a great program offered to the southern Arizona community! Join us and learn about Bright Students, the results of this great program, why it is an essential component to our childrens’ classroom experience and the benefit to our larger, global community.
- Through The Bright Students Program, Tucson Electric Power (TEP) helps educate middle school students about renewable energy, the impacts of fossil fuels, and how making small changes in their home can make a difference. The students are also given conservation kits, to help implement the energy efficiency tips in their homes.
- In the last 7 years, there have been over 35,000 students graduate from the Bright Students program!
- The Bright Students curriculum is packed with hands on experiences, following the scientific method, to empower students to understand the reasoning behind energy efficiency. Integrated and exciting learning at it’s best!
- Did you know the average household dedicates 11% of its energy budget to lighting? Replacing incandescent lights with LEDs is a way to lower energy use, save money, and lower your home’s carbon footprint.
- To date, students and their families (who have participated in The Bright Students Program) have saved over $3.5 million, which doesn’t include the environmental and social benefits!
- Interested in a great teacher recognition program? TEP honors two teachers, each year, through their Bright Students program. Learn more about this program during this podcast.
- TEP has developed and implemented programs outside of the Bright Students, which works specifically with middle school aged children, for younger children and adults – learn more about each of these programs in this podcast.
- Follow TEP on Twitter: @TEPenergy
- Like TEP on Facebook for their latest updates
- Follow them on Instagram: @Tucsonelectricpower
- From planting thousands of native trees, to helping protect the majestic raptors; TEP is making their mark on the Tucson community, find out more
- Check out these 10 easy tips that you can do to make your home more energy efficient while helping you save money — it’s a win-win!
- Have you changed out your old incandescent light bulbs? Check out why LEDs matter and how you can dispose of your CFL light bulbs here
- Want TEP to visit your classroom? Learn more here
- TEP offers many programs for energy efficiency, including safety tips, refrigerator recycling, and so much more. Learn more about them here