Test Your Green IQ
The very good news is that you don’t have to get test anxiety for this. It’s really just a “raise your waste awareness” exercise. The numbers are staggering and there are lots of things we can all do to make a difference. Hopefully, seeing these shocking numbers in black and white will inspire you to action!
And please don’t fret over the answers. Just take a WAG [wild a** guess] and find the answers at the bottom of the newsletter. Do remember that EVERY SINGLE piece of plastic that has been created since the 19th century is still somewhere on the planet.
1. How many plastic bags are consumed in the US every year? [Guess within 10 billion]
2. How many plastic bottles are consumed in the US every 5 minutes?
3. How many pieces of junk mail are printed, shipped, delivered and disposed of in the US every 3 seconds?
4. How many plastic bottles are consumed in the US every minute?
5. How many aluminum cans are used in the US every 30 seconds?
6. How many plastic cups are used on airline flights in the US every 6 hours?
7. How many brown paper bags are used in the US every hour?
8. What percentage of the world’s food NEVER gets eaten?
9. How many trees are cut down in the US every year to make paper for junk mail? Note: You can STOP junk mail using a free service called Catalog Choice.
10. How many people on the planet do not have access to clean water every day?
And the BONUS question is: How many plastic bags are used in the US every 5 seconds? Yes – five seconds.
Ready to determine your Green IQ? Find the answers on MrsGreensWorld.com.