The Green Heart

On most days I believe I live a charmed life. But that is a story for another blog or book! Part of my reason for believing that is because people seem to give me presents all the time. And I am barely exaggerating.  Case in point for this blog?  My friend Kathy Sawyer (from http://www.cartridgeworld.com/Tucson-AZ/85704-0391/) dropped off “a little something” for me a few days before Christmas.  That little something happened to be a beautiful clay pin attached to a card that reads:

The Green Heart

The green heart beats with a deep love of the earth. This person owns and carries a sacred knowledge and respect for their responsibility to Mother Earth. The green-hearted person honors, not only each person living now, but also honors, by action each generation to come.

On the back, the card reads: The Color of Your Heart is a gentle reminder of the many ways we have learned to love. These pieces are dedicated to my mother, whose heart filled my whole life with love and wonder.  Made in U.S.A. by Kimberly Hinton

This will keep my green heart beating strongly

So far, I haven’t read it once without tearing up.  Thanks Kath!

Here’s to Mother Earth and to my mother, Florene Christine Ann Vogel Murphy, whose heart filled MY whole life with love and wonder. I miss you Mama.

6 thoughts on “The Green Heart”

1. Kimberly Hinton says:

thanks for this beautiful post.

2. Mrs. Green says:

You are so very very welcome! Let’s keep in touch. I have plans for spreading those green hearts around!

3. Kimberly Hinton says:

Yes, certainly! Thank you so much for your help!

1. Mrs. Green says:

I cannot believe you have 300 followers on FB already. You go girl! More good connections will come of this. I am sure of it.

4. Tracey Greig says:

My mom purchased one for me, but the pin disappeared from my jacket. The proprietor of the store in Olympia, WA said they were made by a local artisan, but I’m starting to believe that it was a falsified story now that I’ve seen them in a lot of places. I’ve found the card it was pinned to at purchase, but there’s no company listed. Would your friend know how to get another one?

1. Mrs. Green says:

Hi Tracey – please email me directly (gina@mrsgreensworld.com.) and I will give you Kim’s contact info. Kim is real, she is the artist, I have spoken to her on the phone and have ordered from her several times. Thanks for reaching out!

Comments are closed.