City of Tucson’s TreeCycle Program
Tuesday, December 27 at 3:00 am (PT)
For the 16th year, residents can recycle their Christmas trees through the City of Tucson’s TreeCycle Program. The program begins on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 and continues through Sunday, January 8, 2012. TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley. (See list of TreeCycle sites below). The TreeCycle program began in 1997. This year, the City of Tucson will again be offering residents the opportunity to take a bit of Christmas home with them. The City of Tucson will grind Christmas trees and will have wood chips available for pick-up at three locations this year—Udall Park, Randolph Golf Course, and Los Reales Landfill. Bring your own container and take home some free wood chips for your garden. Please remember to remove all ornaments, decorations and tree stands before dropping off at the TreeCycle sites. Remember to Tree Pool! Bring your neighbor’s tree— fewer trips means cleaner air.
The following TreeCycle sites are open during daylight hours, seven days a week:
1. Oro Valley lot, “Naranja Town Site,” 660 W. Naranja Dr.
2. Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. 1st Ave., east parking lot (follow signs)
3. Udall Park, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd., south of ball fields (follow signs)
4. Golf Links Sports Park, northwest of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
5. Tucson Rodeo Grounds, northeast of Irvington Rd. and 6th Ave.
6. Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., (follow signs)
7. Silverbell Site, northeast of Goret Rd. and Silverbell Rd. (follow signs)
8. Purple Heart Park, southeast corner of Rita Rd. and Esmond Loop
9. Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, southeast portion of parking lot
IMPORTANT: The City of Tucson will not collect Christmas trees from curbs and alleys. Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle. Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill and Tangerine Landfill at posted landfill rates.
Questions? Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000 or visit the ES website at www.tucsonaz.gov/esd