What’s Green About This Workplace?
- “TriSports.com has a culture of being friendly to the environment. Everyone buys into it, so it works!
- The company recycles all usable packing material and boxes to pack and ship our customer orders…we even give our customers the opportunity to select a recycled box at checkout through our Greenbox program.
- We have energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs throughout, however, our employees often opt to utilize the natural light from our skylights, windows and solar tubes rather than turning on the lights; we have zoned and programmed air conditioning so we can prevent unused areas from being cooled when not needed; most offices have dual light switches so that employees can choose to reduce their use of light.
- We have recycling bins throughout, and our recycle container outside is about 3x larger than our trash container; we reuse paper to make sure both sides are used, then recycle it once full.
- We just completed an addition and ensured that our contractor worked with a company that would recycle the old materials, as well as relocating all the dirt to out empty lot for a future as a mountain bike test track.
- We are currently in the process of installing water harvesting.
- We have an employee commuter program in place which rewards employees for riding their bikes to work (last year we commuted over 35K miles!).
- Our non-profit, TriSports Racing, just received Silver level certification from the Council for Responsible Sport for it’s actions towards sustainability.
- The company purchased plates and utensils to reduce the waste of disposables, and when disposables are necessary, we usually use Tater Ware, which is made from starch and is biodegradable and compostable.
- Carpeted areas are done with a recycled carpet tile so small areas are easily replaced if necessary; most furniture (Herman Miller) is made from recycled materials and are recyclable post-use.
- We send used bicycle parts to a comany called Resource revival which cleans them up and uses them to create art and gifts.
- We are a Soles4Souls drop location (shoe recycling); and lots more!”