Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide
Here are 12 ways I bet you didn’t know you can use Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Instead of mouthwash, hold one capful in your mouth for 1-2 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes.
- Let your toothbrushes soak in Peroxide to keep them free of germs.
- Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
- After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
- Spray a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on feet and toes every night (and let dry) to get rid of fungus.
- Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day.
- Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
- Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue. (NOTE: THIS MIGHT CAUSE IRRITATION!)
- If you have a toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, hold a capful of 3% peroxide in your mouth for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
- Spray the 50/50 solution on wet hair after shower and comb through. No burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if you hair is a light brown, reddish, or dark blonde. Lightens gradually.
- Add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then run it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
- Use peroxide to clean mirrors — no smearing.